Thank you for considering a donation to The TWAIN Working Group!
The TWAIN Working Group is a not-for-profit organization with the sole purpose of fostering a universal public standard which links applications and image acquisition devices. It is our mission to help the standard grow and evolve to suit the advent of future technologies.
The Objectives of the TWAIN Working Group:
- Ensure users of image acquisition software and devices experience success each and every time.
- Ensure image-handling software and hardware compatibility.
- Define and distribute the TWAIN and TWAIN Direct specifications.
- Keep the specifications current with state of practice software and hardware.
- Promote the adoption of the specification.
- Maintain and distribute a developer’s toolkit.
- Define TWAIN Test Guidelines.
The TWAIN Working Group is a small nonprofit dependent on volunteers from our member companies for development of all associated specifications and associated marketing activities. As you can imagine, developing and maintaining a royalty-free, worldwide standard takes a lot of work, time and expense.
Member company volunteers actively participate in the following:
Technical Committee, Marketing Committee, Membership Recruitment, weekly teleconferences, quarterly on-site meetings, industry events, public relations activities, code development, developer tools, multiple websites, developer tools/documentation and so much more.
Can you help us keep TWAIN free by providing a donation to support our work?
Your contribution assists with administrative costs, legal fees (trademarks, etc.), website development and maintenance, public relations, outsourced development and many other activities.