Forums › TWAIN Classic › [Urgent] Critical issue with TWAIN DSM 2.0 and Windows Vista › Reply To: [Urgent] Critical issue with TWAIN DSM 2.0 and Windows Vista
- Topics - 2
- Replies - 15
- Total Posts - 17
Unfortunately the problem is exactly the same.
With Data Execution Prention (DEP) turned to:
1- for essential Windows programs and services only
➡ No problem !
2 – for all programs and services.
When I click on the “”Connect to Data Source” button, the app is closed by Windows and this message are displayed (by Windows):
Sample TWAIN Application was closed
To help protect your computer, Data Execution
Prevention has closed Sample TWAIN Application.
A log file is created, but empty.
The problem appears with all my other DS but NOT with the “TWAIN2 FreeImage Software Scanner”.
It should be great if one the the TWAIN DSM developers could be able to reproduce the issue to bring a deeper investigation.
Here a simple way to reproduce the problem:
– Install Windows Vista (any 32 bit editions French or US tested from my side including home edition, ultimate & pro.)
– Switch the DEP for all programs: Control Pannel / System / Advanced System Settings / Advances tab / Settings… / Data Execution Prevention tab / Select Turn on Dep for all programs and services excepted those I select.
– Download & install canon dr9080c DS from http://software.canon-europe.com/software/0025504.asp (don’t need the scanner)
– Copy TWAINDSM.DLL into c:windowssystem32
– Install TWAIN 2.0 Sample Application 2.0.6
– Run TWAIN2 Sample App
– Select Canon DR-9080C TWAIN
– Click on “Connect to Data Source”
Again, thank you for the time you spent on this issue. If there is anything I can do I will be happy to help.
GdPicture Imaging SDK
Imaging Toolkits for developers .NET & ActiveX
Image Processing, TWAIN scanning, OCR, PDF/A