The TWAIN Working Group, established in 1992, is an association of industry leaders gathered to create a standard that benefits the industry as a whole.
The TWAIN Working Group creates opportunities for application developers, hardware manufacturers, and users to link software applications with image acquisition devices (scanners).
Join the TWAIN Working Group and Adopt TWAIN Direct®!
Are you familiar with TWAIN Direct and the next generation of cloud-based image acquisition technology?
Did you know that TWAIN Direct offers a universal platform for scanning documents from any brand scanning device, without proprietary device drivers? Best of all it can be embedded into any document management application using a traditional PC or Mobile device regardless of its operating system.
The future of image acquisition is here. If you are an independent software vendor or hardware OEM, TWAIN Direct is positioned to revolutionize the image acquisition process by creating a universal platform for both hardware and software!
The TWAIN Working Group has developed everything you need to develop a TWAIN Direct hardware or software solution. Beyond a working specification, we offer everything you need from sample code to applications, including our TWAIN Bridge which allows you to turn any USB-based scanner into a network discoverable device.
Ready to start developing a TWAIN Direct enabled device or adding a universal scanning platform to your cloud-based software? Do you want to contribute to any improvements day forward by becoming a member of the TWAIN Working Group? Join us today.
Current Organization Members
TWAIN Board of Directors
- Fujitsu Computer Products of America
- P3iD Technologies
- Kodak Alaris
- InoTec GmbH
- Panasonic Corporation
- ExactCODE GmbH
TWAIN Associate Members
- Epson America, Inc.
- LEAD Technologies, Inc.
- Plustek Inc.
- Microtek International, Inc.
Why Become a Member of the TWAIN Working Group?
Create the future! Join a panel of industry leaders on the adoption and creation of a new standard designed to embrace the versatility and power of cloud-computing!
By becoming a TWAIN member NOW, you will help ensure that TWAIN standards are balanced to meet the broad needs of the document imaging industry
Be part of the early adopters of this new technology and gain the “edge” TWAIN Direct can provide!
Important membership benefits include:
- Work with like-minded individuals from industry-leading companies to contribute and influence this widely-adopted industry standard
- Gain access to technical information and experienced engineers involved in the development of the standard, including access to sample code and development details
- The TWAIN Board is a career-building opportunity to volunteer with a not-for-profit organization that is committed to the betterment of our industry
- As a TWAIN Working Group Board member, you gain full voting rights on all strategic initiatives and board decisions. You also get additional marketing exposure/visibility for your business as an industry leader with direct influence on an important standard.
- Membership is an opportunity to exchange solutions and ideas with industry leaders in a development environment.
The TWAIN Working Group Membership Options
A Board Member company has a representative who participates on the technical sub-committee. They contribute to the weekly discussion and plans for execution of the technical go forward strategy of the standard.
Their representative also participates at the quarterly TWAIN Board Meetings and has voting privileges on the association’s strategic and operational issues.
All board level members must participate four times a year with the association at the quarterly board meetings (in person or via teleconference) and must participate in person at one board meeting per year unless prohibited by extenuating circumstances.
Board meetings are an excellent opportunity to interact with peers and fellow TWAIN Working Group members in a face-to-face setting, to exchange important ideas and discuss ongoing initiatives in-depth that may directly impact the Board member company and the industry as a whole. These meetings, in addition to the weekly technical meetings foster an environment where the Board member company can directly influence the development of an industry standard.
Additional Board member benefits include:
- Prominent logo positioning on website homepages with link
- Logo and company profile featured in quarterly newsletter
- Opportunity to provide content for the TWG quarterly newsletter, to include articles and links to demonstration videos
- Ability to display TWAIN logo on company website with link
- Ability to list drivers and company information on the TWAIN Resource website
Participation as a TWAIN Board Member requires execution of the TWAIN Intellectual Property statement.
Cost of membership: $12,000 annually
An Associate Member company has a representative who participates on the technical sub-committee. This person contributes weekly to the discussion and plans for execution of the technical go forward strategy of the standard.
Associate Member participation is acknowledged by having their company logo included on the home page of the TWAIN Working Group web site at www.twain.org and listed in the resource section as a TWAIN Associate Member. They also may display the associate member logo on their company website.
Associate members do not have board voting privileges.
Participation as an Associate Member requires execution of the TWAIN Intellectual Property statement.
Cost of membership: $3,000 annually
For more information or questions, please contact:
TWAIN Working Group Marketing Administrator